Dislikes & Likes
- To see a pregnant and smoking woman in a pedestrian street in my home town
- Beautiful baroque opera music with singers wearing vulgar costumes “The Fairy Queen” by Henry Purcell
- People talking loud in their phones on any subject while you hear the counterpart in a bad loud-speaker
- When at our hotel breakfast room other guests insist on having a TV Chanel on with biased “news” on repeat
- Facebook groups created with the purpose to persecute or bully people
- You see young people at the check-out desk of the supermarket only buying trash “food” at their lunch break when you have worked for years on teaching children the importance of choosing a healthy lifestyle
When I passed by the pregnant woman last week my first thought was:
I didn’t see that! We live in 2016 and everybody knows the danger of smoking
There is always a choice to make, should I interfere?
Excuse me do you know how your smoking effects your unborn baby just now? /
What do you think your unborn baby manage your smoking?
Could I help you in any way?
I didn’t do anything and felt bad about what ever choice I made in this situation. I would probably hurt and upset the woman by interfering but I know too that to grow up in cigarette smoke means being excluded from a good schooling as the poisonous smoke affects the brain, growth, looks and health. The baby will go through a lot more of illness and not be chosen as the best friend at school because of the bad smell in hair and clothes. You may find me judging but I have seen these things happen to children i many times in my work.
My husband and I like classical music and experienced the opera by Purcell at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen
The baroque and naughty costumes together with the fine music was probably made to attract people to Purcell’s old opera. Where is the boundary? The poor singers and actors jumping around at the scene naked? See for your selves here. The nicer part of the scenery is collected in the trailer.
What about using the Pre-Raphaelite style as models for the singers and actors ? Could it attract even more theater-goers?
Mucha’s beauties ? Here some suggestions from postcards from Prague
- The ability to find new friends from all over the world on the internet
- The ability to share cars, flats, sell your stuff easily on the internet and keep in contact with people and friends living far away
- That I am still alive and able to walk, run, hear and see, taste and feel
- That I am able to enjoy classical music and art
- That I am able to be creative in writing and using photos to share with you
- That I am able to interact to encourage somebody or to warn somebody of a danger
Do you have likes and dislikes in this direction or something different?